The Teatro Lirico in Milano hosted the world première of the new Pagani Utopia. This hypercar is ready to write a new chapter in the history of the famous marque from San Cesario sul Panaro. The event was dedicated to Pagani clients and dealers from across the globe and an exceptional audience of more than 170 employees whose expertise and passion have helped create this new model.
After the greeting from Horacio Pagani and his family, the Pagani Utopia was unveiled to a unique musical backdrop played on a Fazioli F278. This concert grand has exceptional power, magnificent balance between bass and treble, extensive dynamic range and harmonic richness, and a perfect pairing for the launch.
Pagani x Fazioli = Perfection
“The pairing of Pagani and Fazioli at the launch of the Pagani Utopia is exquisite because the visionary leaders behind both companies relentlessly push the boundaries of their respective industries to new heights,” says Manuel Bernaschek, Showcase Pianos (official Fazioli dealer).
The designer and founder of the company, Horacio Pagani, sat at the piano and played the first few notes of a tune he composed as a young man before handing over to the Symphonic Orchestra of the Milan Conservatory.
An original composition by Vincenzo Parisi, inspired by the work of the young Pagani. “The composition is based on three themed motifs devised by Horacio Pagani in the early 1980s, originally for piano only,” explained Parisi. “I expanded these motifs by following a narrative arc which celebrates the story of the designer.
“From the pampas of Argentina to the first cars he designed and the creation of the brand-new Pagani Utopia. The gripping sound of the orchestra mimics the sleek and compact design of the car, its engineering inspiration contrasting with the lyrical melodies that speak of distant dreams.”
“It is very moving to appear on this stage and play the notes I wrote as a youngster, and it is a privilege to do so alongside the Symphonic Orchestra of the Milan Conservatory,” added Horacio Pagani. “I am immensely grateful to Vincenzo Parisi. He started with just a cassette and a small tape recorder, but he was able to transcribe a score to be played by 48 musicians. I never studied music. I just sat at the piano until I was able to express what was in my mind, pieces that I would never have thought would be played in this setting. But this music now has a name: Utopia.”
A Legendary Collaboration
The collaboration between the car manufacturer and Milan’s Giuseppe Verdi Conservatory is one built on craftsmanship, as Cristina Frosini, director of the institute, explains: “Music and cutting-edge car design come together in the new Pagani hypercar. A journey which involved the designer and his songs that formed the basis for the composition students to create original works. A testament to how the students at the Milan Conservatory have, throughout their studies, been involved in artistic projects which prepare them for the profession in the broadest sense of the term.
Today, music is part of the world of industry, design, fashion, gastronomy and technology, offering students professional opportunities which are often innovative and surprising.” In the new hypercar, music also has a functional purpose. The symphony composed has been used to create some specific melodies which will characterize the goodbye sound of the Pagani Utopia. Incredible!
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Marketing & Communications Inc and publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine, PORTFOLIOY.YVR Business & Entrepreneurs Magazine, and digital women's lifestyle magazine EcoLuxLifestyle.co. She is a prolific content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist within the ecoluxury lifestyle niche. Post-pandemic, she has worked with many small to mid-sized plant-based/vegan brands to build their digital foundations and strategize content creation and business development. Helen is the west coast correspondent to Canada’s top-read industry magazine Retail-Insider, holds a vast freelance portfolio, and consults with many of the world’s luxury heritage brands. Always seeking new opportunities and challenges, you can email her at [email protected].
- ☆ Issue #23 - February 2024March 1, 2024This Top-Ranking Team is Passionate About Real Estate & Community
- ☆ Issue #23 - February 2024March 1, 2024Showcase Pianos Presents: Miist the Singer
- ☆ Issue #23 - February 2024March 1, 2024Paolo Fazioli: A Legacy of Sound & World’s Best Pianos
- ☆ Issue #23 - February 2024March 1, 2024The Mercedes-Maybach EQS 680 SUV Elevates City Driving