Gryphon Development launched the first of the ‘Life in Balance’ concerts, a series of music and immersive art events in partnership with the Vancouver Metropolitan Orchestra, at the Vancouver Art Gallery.
This concert series will explore the theme of East meets West. At this premier event, the VMO performed a selection of classical pieces as well as new music, including ‘Life In Balance,’ a song composed by VMO Maestro Ken Hsieh for Gryphon’s latest development project, Marco Polo. The song centers around the feeling of chasing a dream and finding balance in life, despite the struggles that may arise along the journey, and was inspired by creatives in both Taiwan and Vancouver.
“At Gryphon, we believe that building better living experiences begins with artistic collaboration,” says Jason Hsu, Chief Executive Officer of Gryphon Development. “In all of our projects, we challenge ourselves and the artists we work with to create inspired living art forms through artistry and storytelling. That’s why we are so proud to be a longstanding partner of the Vancouver Metropolitan Orchestra and bring public art to Vancouver with this event series.”
Currently celebrating its 20th anniversary season, VMO, a non-profit society founded by Maestro Kenneth Hsieh, is dedicated to providing superior orchestral mentorship for talented music graduates, helping them move from student to professional. This event is set to showcase Vancouver’s up-and-coming artistic talent including world-renowned flutist Jasmine Choi.
“The VMO is incredibly proud to have long-time partners in Gryphon Development, as our shared values in artful living truly bring us together,” says Ken Hsieh, Conductor of the Vancouver Metropolitan Orchestra. “My hope is that all those who attend the concert are inspired by the art that lives in Vancouver and abroad.”
During this event, guests were invited to view the artful exhibitions at the Vancouver Art Gallery, including ‘Hard Edge’ and ‘Shary Boyle: Outside the Palace of Me’. Attendees will also be invited to become artists themselves and participate in a grandiose paint-by-numbers activity.
As part of the event series, Gryphon is also proud to sponsor the Vancouver Metropolitan Orchestra’s performance at the University of British Columbia Chan Center on May 19th, 2023.
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Marketing & Communications Inc and publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine and digital women's lifestyle magazine EcoLuxLifestyle.co. She is a prolific content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist within the ecoluxury lifestyle niche. Post-pandemic, she has worked with many small to mid-sized plant-based/vegan brands to build their digital foundations and strategize content creation and business development. Helen is the west coast correspondent to Canada’s top-read industry magazine Retail-Insider, holds a vast freelance portfolio, and consults with many of the world’s luxury heritage brands. Always seeking new opportunities and challenges, you can email her at [email protected].
- FoF ☆ Design & DecorNovember 29, 2023Fairmont Pacific Rim Launches Wedding & Gala Design Studio
- FoF ☆ Travel & AdventureNovember 26, 2023Are You Ready to ‘Stay in Style’ with Fairmont Pacific Rim x Dior?
- FoF ☆ Charity & PhilanthropyNovember 23, 2023Young Elite Vancouver 7th Annual Gala Celebration [PHOTOS]
- FoF ☆ Health & WellnessNovember 15, 2023Fairmont Pacific Rim Launches ‘The Nordic Spa’ Wellness Retreat with Thermal Spa