It was in 1986, just after having earned a Bachelor’s degree, when Christine Hutter first discovered the beauty of mechanical timekeeping instruments. As she started her apprenticeship with master watchmaker Wilhelm Glöggler in Munich, he showed her old pendulum clocks, pocket watches, and chronographs with fantastic movements that had ranked among the best and finest calibres in the 19th and early 20th centuries.
In 1989, the Eichstätt-born watchmaker completed her apprenticeship, as best in class amongst her peers in Bavaria. She was then recruited by Wempe, Germany’s largest luxury watch retailer, then moved to Maurice Lacroix and, in 1996, to to the Glashütter Uhrenbetrieb, and finally A. Lange & Söhne.
Over time, she began to nurture a growing desire to establish her own watch manufacture and acquired the ‘Moritz Grossmann’ brand marque with the help of her family. Her aim was to resurrect the brand heritage that had been dormant for 120 years, and in November 2008, she founded Grossmann Uhren GmbH in Glashütte.
In February 2019, Hutter visited Vancouver to attend meetings with vendors interested in becoming Canada’s first distributor of Moritz Grossman timepieces, and to present the brand at an exclusive dinner with members of RedBar Vancouver.
“Our watches may seem very simple on the outside, but on the inside, we are making mechanical perfection.”
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Communications, publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine, and multiple digital lifestyle blogs. She is a content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist in the luxury lifestyle niche. She is a regular content contributor to Retail-Insider and has a vast freelance portfolio including Boulevard English & Chinese editions, Indulge, and Montecristo Magazine. When not attending high-profile events in Vancouver's 'Luxury Zone’ or on assignment abroad, she is honing her plant-based cooking skills and caring for her rescues. email@example.com
- FoF ☆ Fashion & Lifestyle2021.06.16Christopher Bates: Germany’s Breuninger Welcomes Canadian Design Icon
- FoF ☆ Design & Decor2021.05.06Folio.YVR Friends / Maison Birks x Melissa Andre: An Engagement Collab Worth Checking Out
- ☆ Folio.YVR Friends2021.05.03Folio.YVR Friends / Making a Legend: The Legacy of Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Published
- ☆ Folio.YVR Friends2021.04.04Folio.YVR Friends: LVMH Launches the 2021 Objets Nomades in Hong Kong