It was in 1986, just after having earned a Bachelor’s degree, when Christine Hutter first discovered the beauty of mechanical timekeeping instruments. As she started her apprenticeship with master watchmaker Wilhelm Glöggler in Munich, he showed her old pendulum clocks, pocket watches, and chronographs with fantastic movements that had ranked among the best and finest calibres in the 19th and early 20th centuries.
In 1989, the Eichstätt-born watchmaker completed her apprenticeship, as best in class amongst her peers in Bavaria. She was then recruited by Wempe, Germany’s largest luxury watch retailer, then moved to Maurice Lacroix and, in 1996, to to the Glashütter Uhrenbetrieb, and finally A. Lange & Söhne.
Over time, she began to nurture a growing desire to establish her own watch manufacture and acquired the ‘Moritz Grossmann’ brand marque with the help of her family. Her aim was to resurrect the brand heritage that had been dormant for 120 years, and in November 2008, she founded Grossmann Uhren GmbH in Glashütte.
In February 2019, Hutter visited Vancouver to attend meetings with vendors interested in becoming Canada’s first distributor of Moritz Grossman timepieces, and to present the brand at an exclusive dinner with members of RedBar Vancouver.
“Our watches may seem very simple on the outside, but on the inside, we are making mechanical perfection.”
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Marketing & Communications Inc and publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine and digital women's lifestyle magazine EcoLuxLifestyle.co. She is a prolific content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist within the ecoluxury lifestyle niche. Post-pandemic, she has worked with many small to mid-sized plant-based/vegan brands to build their digital foundations and strategize content creation and business development. Helen is the west coast correspondent to Canada’s top-read industry magazine Retail-Insider, holds a vast freelance portfolio, and consults with many of the world’s luxury heritage brands. Always seeking new opportunities and challenges, you can email her at [email protected].
- FoF ☆ Culinary, Wine, Spirits2023.05.23Kiefer Sutherland Launches Red Bank Whisky – The Spirit of Red Bank, Nova Scotia
- ☆ Issue #18 - Spring 20232023.05.12Showcase Pianos Presents: Chloe Flower, Renaissance Woman [EXCLUSIVE]
- ☆ Issue #18 - Spring 20232023.05.12Next Level Deliciousness: ‘The Art of Raw Desserts’ by Crystal Bonnet
- ☆ Issue #18 - Spring 20232023.05.12Rolls-Royce Phantom Syntopia: Exquisite Collab with Iris van Herpen