AltaModa Italia is defined by the glamorous, luxurious, and wonderfully eclectic pieces created in Southern Italy by expert artisan craftspersons at the behest of founders Stefani and Riccardo Volpi.
Since 1998, the couple’s irreverent vision has melded fashion and design to create unmistakable items which showcase uniqueness, distinction, and have a visual impact, regardless of which room the pieces reside within.
The often whimsical furniture pieces are crafted with luxurious fabrics by the Ralph Lauren and Christian Lacroix Collections, velvet, silk, and incorporate various precious metals, including silver and gold, rhinestones, and crystals. From the living room to the children’s room, AltaModa Italia offers a parade of brilliant top-class creations.
Inspired, sometimes by the simplest concepts, the Volpi’s have the ability to transfer an idea into tangible home décor with a tailored style and approach, often typical of fashion design. The duo marries fashion and design aesthetics to create a new interpretation of subjects that we may see and pass by without a second glance. Each reveling in the tiniest detail until it becomes a critical element in the realization of a unique piece.
The installation at Salon del Mobile.Milano 2019 was hosted by Stefania Volpi and her team. The vibrant space was bedecked by latest collection ‘Beach’ which was inspired by Italy’s extensive shorelines, quirky and colourful aquatic animals, and the lush plant life that thrives underwater, and washes up upon rocky shores. Each element is interpreted with a childlike ardor that results in a representation that is a brilliantly fantastical version of reality.
Volpi delights in the speaking to the brand’s newest offerings created for “children, the teenager, or for a little boy. All elements are here, even the fragrance we produced for the home is similar to the beach in Tuscany with the scents of flower, fruit, and blackberries. Through it, you can sense all the dimensions of the sea, with the wind, the sand, and the beach.”
When not traveling for business, Stefania is at home in the Tuscan country-side, living and overseeing production at the AltaModa Italia workshop. It is a different style of workplace. It is one that revolves around the concept of family, living a full life, and the pursuit of happiness. Employees are free to bring their babies and children to work as needed; together, they eat and create side-by-side.
Pieces that require hand-painted details are finished by a single artisan who works from her home. “This woman prefers to work in the country-side with all her animals around, a very typical Tuscany artist,” says Volpi as she smiles, taking pride in the traditions of her country.
It is this sense of family that inspires Stefania to arise and get creative in the kitchen, baking up cookies and other confections to bring to the workplace for all to enjoy with their morning coffee. She believes strongly in the creation and maintenance of a warm and encompassing workplace and explains that “the feeling must be good for everybody who works with our family.”
Around the world, AltaModa Italia is renowned for its collections that inspire a way to live in a luxury-oriented environment that is expressive, sophisticated, amazing, and unique.
The charm of the AltaModa Italia children’s collections has made them irresistible to those who enjoy an unbridled exploration of pattern and texture. This true ‘Made in Italy’ home decor brand is available in North America through stockists like Casa Italia Concept in Vancouver, New York, and Miami. Internationally, the brand has representation in dozens of countries, including the UK, Finland, Belarus, Russia, Nigeria, Uzbekistan, Saudi Arabia, India, and Greece.
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Marketing & Communications Inc and publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine and digital women's lifestyle magazine EcoLuxLifestyle.co. She is a prolific content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist within the ecoluxury lifestyle niche. Post-pandemic, she has worked with many small to mid-sized plant-based/vegan brands to build their digital foundations and strategize content creation and business development. Helen is the west coast correspondent to Canada’s top-read industry magazine Retail-Insider, holds a vast freelance portfolio, and consults with many of the world’s luxury heritage brands. Always seeking new opportunities and challenges, you can email her at [email protected].
- FoF ☆ Culinary, Wine, Spirits2023.05.23Kiefer Sutherland Launches Red Bank Whisky – The Spirit of Red Bank, Nova Scotia
- ☆ Issue #18 - Spring 20232023.05.12Showcase Pianos Presents: Chloe Flower, Renaissance Woman [EXCLUSIVE]
- ☆ Issue #18 - Spring 20232023.05.12Next Level Deliciousness: ‘The Art of Raw Desserts’ by Crystal Bonnet
- ☆ Issue #18 - Spring 20232023.05.12Rolls-Royce Phantom Syntopia: Exquisite Collab with Iris van Herpen