The inaugural Vancouver Island Concours d’Elegance by the GAIN Group was held on a splendidly sunny day at the Shawnigan Lake School. 250 vehicles, many of them rare, antique, and in mint condition, were on display on two playing fields at the School. It was an amazing sight, chrome and impeccable paint burnished by the sun.
The centre of attention was the judging of the Concours entries. An international calibre panel of judges, some from such faraway places as Florida and California, and several of whom had judged at the Pebble Beach Concours the previous weekend, were on hand. Judge Jim Thomas of Florida said the competition was extremely impressive, especially given this was the inaugural year.
Cindy Mui and the GAIN team ensured a well-organized, full attention to detail affair. Sponsor tents lined the upper-level field, including CTV, David Foster Foundation, and the Cowichan Valley Hospital Foundation. Both Foundations received some of the over $185,000.00 raised over the day. Other sponsors included Aurange Jewellery, Stefano Ricci, among many, many others who displayed a truly generous sense of community.
The winning car was a magnificent 1954 Bentley Continental R. It is one of one ever built, and owned by David Cohen. The judges were nearly unanimous, although the field was studded with fabulous entries. Mr. Thomas said, at a dinner at Alpina restaurant held that evening, that the future is bright for the Vancouver Island Concours d’Elegance. We are sure he is right, and cannot wait for next year.
Guest Author Jim Tobler is a Vancouver-based editor, author, and consultant with a robust portfolio of lifestyle and luxury lifestyle writing. A snapshot of which can be enjoyed on the MONTECRISTO and NUVO magazine websites.
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Marketing & Communications Inc and publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine, PORTFOLIOY.YVR Business & Entrepreneurs Magazine, and digital women's lifestyle magazine EcoLuxLifestyle.co. She is a prolific content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist within the ecoluxury lifestyle niche. Post-pandemic, she has worked with many small to mid-sized plant-based/vegan brands to build their digital foundations and strategize content creation and business development. Helen is the west coast correspondent to Canada’s top-read industry magazine Retail-Insider, holds a vast freelance portfolio, and consults with many of the world’s luxury heritage brands. Always seeking new opportunities and challenges, you can email her at [email protected].
- FoF ☆ Culinary, Wine, SpiritsFebruary 22, 2024Introducing… ‘Vancouver Cocktails’ & Its Award-winning Author Janet Gyenes
- FoF ☆ VIP EventsFebruary 20, 2024Cheers! Salud! Yamas! Vancouver Cocktail Week Returns March 3-10
- FoF ☆ VIP EventsFebruary 20, 2024Inaugural Fête Chinoise Signature Event Illuminated the Shangri-La
- FoF ☆ VIP EventsFebruary 13, 2024Whisky Global 2024 Welcomed Enthusiasts & Experts to the Paradox Hotel