The inaugural Vancouver Island Concours d’Elegance by the GAIN Group was held on a splendidly sunny day at the Shawnigan Lake School. 250 vehicles, many of them rare, antique, and in mint condition, were on display on two playing fields at the School. It was an amazing sight, chrome and impeccable paint burnished by the sun.
The centre of attention was the judging of the Concours entries. An international calibre panel of judges, some from such faraway places as Florida and California, and several of whom had judged at the Pebble Beach Concours the previous weekend, were on hand. Judge Jim Thomas of Florida said the competition was extremely impressive, especially given this was the inaugural year.
Cindy Mui and the GAIN team ensured a well-organized, full attention to detail affair. Sponsor tents lined the upper-level field, including CTV, David Foster Foundation, and the Cowichan Valley Hospital Foundation. Both Foundations received some of the over $185,000.00 raised over the day. Other sponsors included Aurange Jewellery, Stefano Ricci, among many, many others who displayed a truly generous sense of community.
The winning car was a magnificent 1954 Bentley Continental R. It is one of one ever built, and owned by David Cohen. The judges were nearly unanimous, although the field was studded with fabulous entries. Mr. Thomas said, at a dinner at Alpina restaurant held that evening, that the future is bright for the Vancouver Island Concours d’Elegance. We are sure he is right, and cannot wait for next year.
Guest Author Jim Tobler is a Vancouver-based editor, author, and consultant with a robust portfolio of lifestyle and luxury lifestyle writing. A snapshot of which can be enjoyed on the MONTECRISTO and NUVO magazine websites.
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Communications, publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine, and multiple digital lifestyle blogs. She is a content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist in the luxury lifestyle niche. She is a regular content contributor to Retail-Insider and has a vast freelance portfolio including Boulevard English & Chinese editions, Indulge, and Montecristo Magazine. When not attending high-profile events in Vancouver's 'Luxury Zone’ or on assignment abroad, she is honing her plant-based cooking skills and caring for her rescues. email@example.com
- FoF ☆ Culinary, Wine, Spirits2022.05.24VIWF Returns: The Bacchanalia Gala Dinner & Auction at the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver
- ☆ Issue #13 - Winter 2020/212022.05.22Folio.YVR ☆ Issue #13 ☆ Pasotti Ombrelli : A Fantastical Weapon Against the Weather
- ☆ Issue #13 - Winter 2020/212022.05.22Folio.YVR ☆ Issue 13 ☆ Nick Cave vs. Fazioli Piano – A Modern Day Parable of Passion
- ☆ Issue #13 - Winter 2020/212022.05.19Folio.YVR ☆ Issue 13 ☆ Jackie Kai Ellis: A Life of Her Own Creation