Since ancient times, one of the simplest meals between two friends is that of a loaf of bread accompanied by a small bowl of oil and vinegar for dipping. While the shape and ingredients of the loaf have changed over the centuries, makers of balsamic vinegar have been constantly streamlining their processes in the quest for the perfectly fermented product.
Acetaia del Cristo was founded in 1849, and today this company proudly bears the status of the biggest producer of traditional balsamic vinegar of Modena PDO (Protected Designation of Origin). The story of the famous brand started when Barbieri and Bonfatti families decided to unite their experience and craftsmanship to establish acetaia–the attic where balsamic vinegar is being kept for several years. And now, it is the oldest acetaia in the region of Modena with 2000 casks exclusively used to produce Traditional Balsamic Vinegar of Modena PDO.
Sometimes the pursuit of perfection teaches us patience. Knowing the laws of nature, we can use natural processes to create culinary masterpieces of the highest quality. Like did the ancient inhabitants of Modena, who have developed techniques to create the perfect balsamic vinegar for generations. And today, their passionate inheritors follow these traditions and spend decades to make precious products that delight gourmets all over the world.
Four generations of the owners’ families have been working on the secrets of the production of PDO balsamic vinegar to bring it to perfection. One of the most striking aspects of the production process is its duration. For example, the time of ageing the Traditional Balsamic Vinegar of Modena PDO is at least 12-years, and this is just the first step of the experience. As for the Extra-Old balsamic vinegar, the threshold of over 25-years of ageing gives the delicious taste that is definitely worth waiting for. Acetaia del Cristo offers selections from barrels over 50-years old and others very limited from over one hundred years old barrels. Every year precious numbered collections of 20-30 pieces are sold for €350 per 100ml bottle.
“We are proud and happy to be recognized by the demanding Luxury Lifestyle Awards experts. It is a great honor for us to glorify the generous land of Modena and the work of our talented ancestors and contemporaries at the world level through our premium Traditional Balsamic Vinegar,” said Gilberto Barbieri and Daniele Bonfatti, owners of Acetaia del Cristo.
Acetaia del Cristo offers guided tours among the long corridors and shelves of hundreds of barrels, casks, and ancient vats in the attics of Acetaia. The unique experience of an inspired sommelier is waiting for everyone in this microcosm of real aromas.
This year the renowned manufacturer Acetaia del Cristo has once again been recognized at the world level and has become the winner of Luxury Lifestyle Awards in the category of The Best Luxury Balsamic Vinegars in the World.
- Luxury Lifestyle Awards is one of the world’s most recognized and respected brands, providing assurance of the highest quality, and representing pioneering excellence and innovation. As media partners, Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine is proud to be chosen to share the stories of worldwide winners who have excelled in their categories. In its 12th year, the Luxury Lifestyle Awards continue to seek and reward brands for reaching the pinnacle of and providing a luxury brand experience to those who appreciate the finest things in life.
- ☆ Luxury Lifestyle AwardsJuly 8, 2022Folio.YVR Friends: With Bespokers Experience Greece at Its Finest
- FoF ☆ Design & DecorMay 24, 2022Folio.YVR Friends: Costa Rica’s SARCO Architects Design Dream Holiday Homes
- ☆ Luxury Lifestyle AwardsMay 11, 2022Folio.YVR Friends: Verijet – Luxury Private Jet Services
- ☆ Luxury Lifestyle AwardsSeptember 16, 2021Folio.YVR Friends: Hotel Katajanokka – Luxury in the Heart of Helsinki, Finland