The enchanting Kingdom of Thailand has a lot to offer and, most often, a luxury resort is what people desire. Fronting the sands of Choeng Mon Beach, Meliá Koh Samui is one of Koh Samui’s most popular choices when it comes to a luxurious getaway.
The resort’s rooms and suites are a blend of Thai tradition and contemporary design. The Deluxe Rooms each have a standalone bathtub on their private balcony overlooking tropical greenery and a lagoon pool that “loops” through the resort grounds like a river. The Level Pool Access Rooms come with private terraces that give way to the lagoon pool.
The Level Boat Suites are elegant two-story suites housed in converted traditional Thai-Chinese vessels that afford views of the beach or gardens or direct access to the lagoon pool. The Family Suites, at 104-square-metres, include sofas, a dining table and family games, and the Presidential Suite boasts 156-square-metres of sumptuous living space on an exclusive floor with a private balcony.
The Level Lounge is one of the best venues in which to relax and unwind. In sync with the resort’s nautical theme, the executive lounge is shaped like a boat’s hull with an open kitchen, a dining area, a vast open terrace surrounded by a water feature and spectacular views of Choeng Mon Beach. Rooms and suites that belong to “The Level” – an upgraded level of service with an array of bespoke privileges – provide exclusive access to The Level Lounge. The Level experience is one of the getaway’s most exclusive features, helping the resort to win The Best Luxury Resorts in Asia award. Private check-in and check-out, daily à la carte breakfast, an all-day open bar with snacks and drinks, afternoon tea and cocktails from 5:30 pm-7:30 pm are but a few of The Level experience’s many benefits.
One is spoilt for choice when it comes to dining at Meliá Koh Samui. The day starts on a good note at Koko Kitchen, where a team of chefs cook up a delectable buffet breakfast spread daily. Focused on contemporary Thai dishes as well as Western and Mediterranean cuisine, the Breeza Beach Restaurant and Bar’s outdoor terrace sits above the strand.
Boat’s Bar is the place to relax with friends and catch up over a cup of coffee or daytime drinks and snacks. It’s often said that some of the most exotic cocktails in Koh Samui are served at the Pool Bar as the sun goes down. Merged into the Lagoon Pool, the Pool Bar offers tapas-style dishes, light snacks and creative cocktails throughout the day.
If the aim is to enjoy some self-pampering, then head to the resort’s YHI Spa that offers a wide selection of blissful treatments including massages, scrubs, wraps and facials.
The resort’s array of recreational pursuits include morning yoga classes, Muay Thai boxing and kayaking. Budding chefs can try their hand at a Thai cooking class. Meliá Koh Samui is also a great place for kids, thanks to the Kid’s Club housed in a refurbished merchant vessel adjacent to a mini water park with a shallow pool, slide, mushroom fountain and giant tipping bucket.
Its exclusive services, strategic location only five kilometres from Samui International Airport and world-class amenities are a testimony to the fact that it is recognized by this year’s Luxury Lifestyle Awards as among The Best Luxury Resorts in Asia.
Thailand is open for travel since November 9th and here are the details for those considering a hot getaway!
- Luxury Lifestyle Awards is one of the world’s most recognized and respected brands, providing assurance of the highest quality, and representing pioneering excellence and innovation. As media partners, Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine is proud to be chosen to share the stories of worldwide winners who have excelled in their categories. In its 12th year, the Luxury Lifestyle Awards continue to seek and reward brands for reaching the pinnacle of and providing a luxury brand experience to those who appreciate the finest things in life.
- ☆ Luxury Lifestyle Awards2022.07.08Folio.YVR Friends: With Bespokers Experience Greece at Its Finest
- FoF ☆ Design & Decor2022.05.24Folio.YVR Friends: Costa Rica’s SARCO Architects Design Dream Holiday Homes
- ☆ Luxury Lifestyle Awards2022.05.11Folio.YVR Friends: Verijet – Luxury Private Jet Services
- ☆ Luxury Lifestyle Awards2021.09.16Folio.YVR Friends: Hotel Katajanokka – Luxury in the Heart of Helsinki, Finland