For those who want a relaxing and luxurious experience with no disturbances, we found a place that combines it all — Hotel Hacienda de Abajo, this year’s winner in the category of The Best Luxury Hotel in the Canary Islands, Spain.
Hotel Hacienda de Abajo boasts a superb location on the west side of the La Palma Canary Island, in the historic center of Villa y Puerto de Tazacorte. This Spanish municipality is lucky to get the most hours of sunshine a year. Offering 32 beautifully decorated rooms and suites today, Hacienda de Abajo will also surprise the guests with its original history. This used to be an XVII century sugar estate, recognized by the Canaries’ Government as an integral part of the Historic Heritage of the Canary Islands. Thanks to this fact, Hotel Hacienda de Abajo received a rare status of an Emblematic Hotel.
The first thing that meets the traveller’s eye is the unique location: a beautiful coast and turquoise waters of the Atlantic Ocean, magnificent gardens with lush vegetation, and unbelievable starry skies that persuade people to tell them their most intimate desires. In this magical place, it feels like the ocean connects with the sky and the sea of banana plants to form a haven of perfect harmony and tranquillity.
The resort consists of four buildings, spread about an exotic garden of the former farm. The new buildings have been harmonized with the original design of the sugar farm, which was carefully restored in 2010-2012 by the architect María del Carmen. It is notable that the dominance of sugarcane was replaced, at the end of the 19th century, by that of banana plants.
The guests of Hotel Hacienda de Abajo are surrounded by some of the world’s most incredible art objects: tapestries with French and Flemish pieces from the 16th-18th centuries; Chinese sculptures, furniture and porcelain from the Tang to the Qing dynasties; European furniture from the 17th-19th centuries; delicate religious carvings from the 16th-19th centuries, a valuable art gallery with works from the 15th-20th centuries, and more. This is yet another reason why the esteemed experts of LLA believe this hotel is a unique and outstanding resort, worthy of special recognition.
The guests of Hotel Hacienda de Abajo will not only enjoy a calm and relaxing vacation, thanks to the resort’s adults-only concept, but will also be amazed by all the luxury that surrounds them, both natural and created by man. From the lavish rooms to an atmospheric outdoor pool with trust-based snacks (guests log in their purchases themselves); from a completely mesmerizing Bath House (Spa) to an opportunity to celebrate a special event in La Capilla, an unconsecrated chapel equipped with audiovisual resources.
A perfect vacation should definitely be complemented by perfect food. For this purpose, the exquisite El Sitio restaurant offers gourmet dining at a world-class level. The guests have a chance to learn about the cuisine of the Canary Islands from the best while enjoying the incomparable views of the Atlantic Ocean. A vacation at Hotel Hacienda de Abajo is definitely an experience, in which nothing is missing.
- Luxury Lifestyle Awards is one of the world’s most recognized and respected brands, providing assurance of the highest quality, and representing pioneering excellence and innovation. As media partners, Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine is proud to be chosen to share the stories of worldwide winners who have excelled in their categories. In its 12th year, the Luxury Lifestyle Awards continue to seek and reward brands for reaching the pinnacle of and providing a luxury brand experience to those who appreciate the finest things in life.
- ☆ Luxury Lifestyle AwardsJuly 8, 2022Folio.YVR Friends: With Bespokers Experience Greece at Its Finest
- FoF ☆ Design & DecorMay 24, 2022Folio.YVR Friends: Costa Rica’s SARCO Architects Design Dream Holiday Homes
- ☆ Luxury Lifestyle AwardsMay 11, 2022Folio.YVR Friends: Verijet – Luxury Private Jet Services
- ☆ Luxury Lifestyle AwardsSeptember 16, 2021Folio.YVR Friends: Hotel Katajanokka – Luxury in the Heart of Helsinki, Finland