Meet Lilly Rose. A one-of-a-kind space that delights the senses and tempts from the moment the elevator doors open. Find Lilly Rose in the basement of Wayfarer Hotel in Los Angeles.
Treat yourself to a journey into an underground speakeasy complete with moody nooks and chandeliers, gilding and heavy drapery, an old Zoltar machine, eclectic vintage furniture, and a stunning historic bar. The entire space is heavenly eye-candy and so inviting!
The Genesis of Lilly Rose
True to the adage that every great bar has a great story. ‘Lilly Rose’ is the namesake character of this trippy world. Her spirit occupying this opulent yet eccentric venue is where her world travels, fluctuating career choices, and even perhaps a few passionate, tumultuous relationships are represented. The fantastical aesthetic captures the big personality of such an imaginary yet legendary figure. Craft cocktails, tiny treasures, surprising discoveries, and dimly lit corners set the stage for intimate conversations and welcomed spontaneity.
Despite all the playful bells and whistles, this DTLA drinking den is serious about its cocktails—tell any of its deft bartenders what kind of flavours and spirits you like, and they will make you a drink unlike any other. While you can also order classics on the menu and a long list of spirits, you will miss out on Lilly Rose’s ever-changing seasonal house cocktails. A selection of which zigzags from refined rum-forward tiki to negroni-like Japanese whiskey concoctions, all without missing a beat.
A Place to Lay Your Head
The Wayfarer is part of the Pacifica Group of hotels, including the Wayfarer Santa Barbara. The 135-room boutique hotel has multiple dining options, a rooftop lounge, and a bar within minutes of the Vegan Women Summit venue, the rustic yet refreshingly modern City Market Social House.
From the elegant front doors to check-in is a colourful, eclectic, and comfortable space called the Gaslighter Social Club. Perhaps an ambitious name for a lobby restaurant, but it does serve a stellar avocado toast and fresh Mimosas despite offering very minimal plant-based options. The uber-cool space features a variety of plush seating areas, wall-mounted collectables, and a 600-book art installation.
Satisfy Your Thirst for Adventure
On the rooftop, there is Rooftop, a bar with a 360-degree view of the surrounding cityscape. This 12th-floor area can hold 195 persons and features bartop tables, lounge seating, fire pits, and an open-air vibe that is open early and closes late. Whimsical. Wonderful. At times, a bit wild. The Alice in Wonderland-esque vibe in the Wayfarer’s basement is well worth the visit. Just one floor down, time becomes inconsequential, and all characters are welcome.
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Marketing & Communications Inc and publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine and digital women's lifestyle magazine EcoLuxLifestyle.co. She is a prolific content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist within the ecoluxury lifestyle niche. Post-pandemic, she has worked with many small to mid-sized plant-based/vegan brands to build their digital foundations and strategize content creation and business development. Helen is the west coast correspondent to Canada’s top-read industry magazine Retail-Insider, holds a vast freelance portfolio, and consults with many of the world’s luxury heritage brands. Always seeking new opportunities and challenges, you can email her at [email protected].
- FoF ☆ Travel & AdventureNovember 26, 2023Are You Ready to ‘Stay in Style’ with Fairmont Pacific Rim x Dior?
- FoF ☆ Charity & PhilanthropyNovember 23, 2023Young Elite Vancouver 7th Annual Gala Celebration [PHOTOS]
- FoF ☆ Health & WellnessNovember 15, 2023Fairmont Pacific Rim Launches ‘The Nordic Spa’ Wellness Retreat with Thermal Spa
- FoF ☆ Culinary, Wine, SpiritsNovember 15, 2023Taiwanese Artist Wu Ching Ru’s ‘Pro Terra et Natura’ at Phantom Creek Estates