More than just fashion accessories, designer handbags have become an investment piece for many fashion-savvy individuals.
Investing in luxury handbags will elevate your wardrobe and be a valuable asset in the future. While many handbag options are available in the market, certain designer brands and styles have proven to hold their investment value even more than real estate in some scenarios.
Whether you are a collector or a first-time luxury bag enthusiast, purchasing luxury handbags from a resale store is a wise investment. For example, finding a rare designer piece at a resale store like Mine & Yours is a coup that will save you time and energy searching online!
On a recent visit to Mine & Yours, we were inspired to list the five luxury handbags with excellent resale value. Note that with the high turnover rate at resale, these pieces and prices will only last for a while!
Hermès Birkin Bag
The Hermès Birkin bag is the ultimate investment piece and the most sought-after handbag in the world, with a waiting list of several years. Did you know that to get on the waitlist, you must have a long history with Hermès before you are offered the option to purchase a Birkin? This bag is crafted from the highest quality materials and is hand-stitched by expert artisans, each requiring at least 48 hours to create a single handbag. Hermès has increased their bags and small accessories prices by up to 24% from 2022, making it a great investment piece. The Birkin bag is a classic that never goes out of style.
Hermes Arlequin Birkin 35. Limited edition, $19,500
Hermès Kelly Bag
Since the beginning of 2023, the Hermès Kelly bag has increased in price by up to 16%. Hermes produces a limited number of Kelly bags each year, which makes them highly sought-after and difficult to obtain. The bags’ popularity and exclusivity allow resalers like Mine & Yours to price items above retail, making it one of the best investment bags to buy and sell. The Kelly is a timeless piece to add to your collection.
Hermes 2016 Navy Blue Clemence Leather Kelly 28 Retourn, $22,500
Chanel Classic Flap
The Chanel Classic Flap has had innumerable price increases, with five cost raises since 2021 alone. It now retails for $12,800, up 16% from $11,050 earlier this year. The iconic bag was first introduced by Coco Chanel in 1955 and has been a symbol of luxury ever since. The bag is available in various sizes, materials, and colours, making it versatile for any collection. The Classic Flap bag is known for its quality, durability, and timeless style, making it a great investment piece.
Chanel 2010/11 Caviar Leather Jumbo Classic Flap Bag, $9,550
Louis Vuitton Neverfull Bag
The Louis Vuitton Neverfull bag is a classic tote perfect for everyday use. It is made from the brand’s signature monogram canvas and is durable enough to withstand daily wear and tear. The Neverfull bag is also a great investment piece as it has shown to appreciate over time. From February 3rd, 2023, Louis Vuitton announced a 4-5% increase in all their bag prices due to inflation and global demand.
Louis Vuitton 2011 Damier Ebene Neverfull MM Tote Bag, $1,550
Louis Vuitton Speedy
The Louis Vuitton Speedy bag is a classic piece that has existed since the 1930s. The Speedy bag is known for its quality and durability, making it a great investment piece. In 2022 the Louis Vuitton Speedy bags increased prices by 10 – 17%. The Speedy 25 rose from $1,350 to $1,490, and the Speedy 35 from $1,390 to $1,620. The design house is set to increase prices by up to 20% in 2023. Thanks to a constant fluctuation in pricing like its counterparts, this bag is one of the top investment pieces.
Louis Vuitton Monogram Canvas Speedy 35, $1,450
Mine & Yours operates two locations in downtown Vancouver. Visit the Mine & Yours website and find the location nearest you!
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Marketing & Communications Inc and publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine and digital women's lifestyle magazine EcoLuxLifestyle.co. She is a prolific content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist within the ecoluxury lifestyle niche. Post-pandemic, she has worked with many small to mid-sized plant-based/vegan brands to build their digital foundations and strategize content creation and business development. Helen is the west coast correspondent to Canada’s top-read industry magazine Retail-Insider, holds a vast freelance portfolio, and consults with many of the world’s luxury heritage brands. Always seeking new opportunities and challenges, you can email her at [email protected].
- FoF ☆ Design & DecorNovember 29, 2023Fairmont Pacific Rim Launches Wedding & Gala Design Studio
- FoF ☆ Travel & AdventureNovember 26, 2023Are You Ready to ‘Stay in Style’ with Fairmont Pacific Rim x Dior?
- FoF ☆ Charity & PhilanthropyNovember 23, 2023Young Elite Vancouver 7th Annual Gala Celebration [PHOTOS]
- FoF ☆ Health & WellnessNovember 15, 2023Fairmont Pacific Rim Launches ‘The Nordic Spa’ Wellness Retreat with Thermal Spa