At 1,000 feet above sea level, Apes Hill Barbados is one of the most remarkable high points in the Caribbean. Hugging the Scottish District, a rare underwater mountain range above sea, and offering views that span the Atlantic and Caribbean Sea, Apes Hill Barbados is a golfing and residential community offering inspired living that’s in harmony with the beautiful natural environment surrounding this expansive property.
Down to every detail, Apes Hill Barbados is a development of absolute sophistication and design expertise of the highest order. It is owned by Apes Hill (Barbados) Inc., a Barbadian company whose primary shareholder is Glenn J. Chamandy, a Canadian investor, founder, and CEO of the leading clothing brand Gildan Activewear. Chamandy purchased the property in 2019 and embarked on an ambitious project to redefine golfing and estate living on the Caribbean island – a task he has achieved with flying colours!
Coming in at an impressive 475 acres, Apes Hill Barbados is located in the Parish of Saint James on the west coast of the culturally vibrant and historically rich Barbados, an island in the Caribbean Sea. This thriving part of the island is famed for its designer shops and world-class restaurants, and it boasts some of the best golf courses in the region, making it a befitting home for Apes Hill Barbados – a golfing and residential community unlike any other in this part of the world.
Indeed, this resort is the first of its kind in Barbados, elegantly fusing the golfing lifestyle with luxury, nature-inspired living. Whether battling it out on the greens or simply going about one’s everyday life, it is the ideal location for individuals and families wanting to enjoy a harmonious life that’s in sync with nature.
The 18 Hole Championship Golf Course at Apes Hill Barbados was designed by the legendary Ron Kirby, a distinguished golf course architect with several decades of experience – ensuring that enthusiasts of the sport are well catered to.
Residential Options Available
Apes Hill Barbados has a uniquely laid back and tranquil atmosphere that provides the perfect setting for inspired living at a pace of ease. There are a number of residential options available. The Hilltop Residences are the estate’s signature offering, covering 3,575-square-feet (and built on 16,000-square-foot plots). As contemporary single-storey golf course homes overlooking the Par 3 course and 19th hole, each home enjoys westerly sea views. The four-bedroom homes with classy finishes each have two master suites that lead to an inviting private pool, which is ideal for sunny family days on the lawn. The residences are conveniently located, meaning residents can enjoy the estate’s facilities without any hassle.
According to Sunil Chatrani, Executive Chairman at Apes Hill (Barbados) Inc., “We’ve taken great care to design a living experience that is of premium quality for individuals, couples and families looking for a setting that helps them prioritize the important things in life: family, friendships, health, and connection to nature. That is what life at Apes Hill Barbados is all about”. Other options include three-bedroom Courtyard Villas and detached homes in Seaview Ridge that enjoy uninterrupted westerly sea views and overlook the 1st fairway and out to the panoramic westerly sea views.
Charging Stations and Water Catchment
At Apes Hill Barbados, there is a tangible commitment to sustainable living that nurtures and protects the environment. Chatrani explains: “Our commitment to sustainability is reflected in our environmentally friendly designs, with water catchment not only from the roof but from roads and sidewalks in the Hilltop community. We’ve also included electric vehicle charging points and charging stations for electric golf carts to make it easier for our residents and guests to be environmentally conscious, too”.
It is not surprising then that in 2022, Luxury Lifestyle Awards announced Apes Hill (Barbados) Inc., as the impressive winner of awards in two categories, namely Best Luxury Real Estate Developer in Barbados, and Best Luxury Sustainable Residential Development for Apes Hill Barbados Golf Resort and Community in Barbados.
Amenities at Apes Hill Barbados include a 2,600-square-foot health club, several kilometres of enchanting nature trails, flood-lit padel courts, tiger turf tennis courts, a spa, dining and a dedicated concierge service, among other top-class amenities. The estate is entirely cashless: residents can organize their lives from the convenience of their mobile phone, including booking classes, scheduling tee times and ordering meals and beverages – the height of comfort.
For more about Apes Hill Barbados, visit their website here!
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Marketing & Communications Inc and publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine and digital women's lifestyle magazine EcoLuxLifestyle.co. She is a prolific content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist within the ecoluxury lifestyle niche. Post-pandemic, she has worked with many small to mid-sized plant-based/vegan brands to build their digital foundations and strategize content creation and business development. Helen is the west coast correspondent to Canada’s top-read industry magazine Retail-Insider, holds a vast freelance portfolio, and consults with many of the world’s luxury heritage brands. Always seeking new opportunities and challenges, you can email her at [email protected].
- FoF ☆ Design & DecorNovember 29, 2023Fairmont Pacific Rim Launches Wedding & Gala Design Studio
- FoF ☆ Travel & AdventureNovember 26, 2023Are You Ready to ‘Stay in Style’ with Fairmont Pacific Rim x Dior?
- FoF ☆ Charity & PhilanthropyNovember 23, 2023Young Elite Vancouver 7th Annual Gala Celebration [PHOTOS]
- FoF ☆ Health & WellnessNovember 15, 2023Fairmont Pacific Rim Launches ‘The Nordic Spa’ Wellness Retreat with Thermal Spa