The creative community in Vancouver recently welcomed photographer and art director Benjamin Rosemberg. Moving his family and business from Paris to Vancouver was a big step for him – personally and career-wise.
“I visited Vancouver through a business trip a year ago, and I fell in love with the vibes, the people. I discovered a unique emotion with Vancouver’s beautiful light and scenic views. There was something great to be built here. Six months later, my family and I were moving from Paris and settling here.”
A YOUTH CAPTIVATED
Benjamin realized his love of photography when his renowned Parisian architect father gave him his first camera at four years old, a magnificent Kodak Ektralite 400. At 16, when he received a Hasselblad 2000FC, he then realized that photography would be his life. He began honing his skills by taking his first photographs using friends as models and building strong relationships with major modelling agencies in Paris.
His world turned upside down when, at 18, Benjamin visited the Dahinden Laboratory in Paris and bumped into Jean-Paul Goude, one of the most renowned and visionary artists of the Parisian fashion and advertising scene. What evolved after a few exchanges was an invitation by Jean-Paul for Benjamin to join his team. The pair collaborated for two years on prestigious projects, which inspired Benjamin to further develop his photographic technique by registering and attending the world-renowned Gobelins School in Paris.
A LENS ON THE WORLD
Since graduating with the highest honours in 2005, Benjamin has signed projects with world-leading fashion brands and collaborated with internationally renowned artists and magazines. “I’ve been lucky to collaborate with artists, people and brands I really loved, such as Jean-Paul Goude, an amazing French Artist loved by Andy Warhol; Yaacov Agam, a kinetic painter; or recently Jacques Garcia, a French interior designer who works with the best ateliers and artisans in the world,” Benjamin shares. “But there are also so many people I admire, and I would love to collaborate with or capture: Quentin Tarantino and wonderful Canadians like Margaret Atwood, Roberta Bondar, Jeff Wall, or successful people from Vancouver who have built amazing companies like Aritzia founder Brian Hill or Lululemon’s founder Chip Wilson. Perhaps a project with EA Games! It would be my inner child’s dream.”
WEST COAST REFRESH
With the relocation and a desire to live more compassionately, Benjamin shared that his time is already full as he is “currently finishing a book on my personal work to accompany an exhibition in Paris for summer 2024. I would also love to exhibit here in Vancouver. I also almost finished an order for Maisons Particulières, a prestigious hospitality group that runs iconic palaces in Paris.”
A COMPASSIONATE STANCE
As an artist and humanitarian, Benjamin says that many causes are important to his heart and who he is – not only to his family but also to those around him who may not have a voice. “People who contribute to making things change are wonderful, but for me, it is urgently needed to make real change by reducing animal consumption and fighting to really improve their conditions. Four Paws and WWF are the NGOs I feel the closest to, and their values are the ones I cherish.”
A PORTFOLIO OF VALUE
His most important clients are LVMH (LV, Dior, Chaumet, Patou, Givenchy, Sephora), Richemond group, Chanel, Les Editions Jalou, Conde Nast, AD, New Balance, Nike, Maison Souquet, Volvo, amongst others.
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Marketing & Communications Inc and publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine, PORTFOLIOY.YVR Business & Entrepreneurs Magazine, and digital women's lifestyle magazine EcoLuxLifestyle.co. She is a prolific content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist within the ecoluxury lifestyle niche. Post-pandemic, she has worked with many small to mid-sized plant-based/vegan brands to build their digital foundations and strategize content creation and business development. Helen is the west coast correspondent to Canada’s top-read industry magazine Retail-Insider, holds a vast freelance portfolio, and consults with many of the world’s luxury heritage brands. Always seeking new opportunities and challenges, you can email her at [email protected].
- ☆ Issue #23 - February 2024March 1, 2024This Top-Ranking Team is Passionate About Real Estate & Community
- ☆ Issue #23 - February 2024March 1, 2024Showcase Pianos Presents: Miist the Singer
- ☆ Issue #23 - February 2024March 1, 2024Paolo Fazioli: A Legacy of Sound & World’s Best Pianos
- ☆ Issue #23 - February 2024March 1, 2024The Mercedes-Maybach EQS 680 SUV Elevates City Driving