New Zealand’s North Island golfing scene has gone up a few notches, with the introduction of a new golf course, Windross Farm Golf Course. This newcomer is situated among the dramatically scenic panorama located in the south of Auckland, and presents an extraordinary golfing experience. So much so, that it has been recently awarded as The Best Luxury Golf Club in Auckland, New Zealand 2020 by the acclaimed Luxury Lifestyle Awards, based in New York.
Getting to the Greens
The course is conveniently located half an hour outside of Auckland‘s central business district and is easily accessible on the motorway from the Airport and either the Manukau, Botanical Gardens or Takanini off-ramps.
Walking the Golf Course
Golfers can look forward to being completely surrounded by lush green landscapes and gorgeous tree-lined hills, meandering 60-hectares of unspoilt countryside. A purposeful design of Windross Farm incorporates a distinctive links-style course, featuring man-made lakes, strategically placed bunkers, wetlands, rugged fescue-covered mounds between the holes and a mixture of fluctuating and level ground, all with a view of offering the finest golf in the most spectacular setting. This careful and deliberate design has resulted in a superlative playing surface across the trimmed areas, and simultaneously injected spectacular contrast in texture and boosted the natural vistas.
Aside from the swirling greens, bunkers and absence of trees, a highlighted characteristic is the dominant water features in multiple forms. It boasts four large lakes entwined with several streams navigating their way through breathtaking wetlands. Other aspects that came into high consideration when developing this golf course, was the drainage aspect, which was well accounted for during the construction phase. In addition, the effortless walking path makes the course all the more playable during the whole year.
Enjoying the 19th Hole
The off-course features of the Clubhouse and its facilities are designed in an understated and minimalistic style, adding to the appeal of this unique new golf course development.
On offer is outstanding short game practice facilities with two putting greens, a chipping green surrounded by bunkers of various styles, closely mown fairway approaches and fescue rough. A driving range facility, with eight fully covered wet weather bays, offers a full-length range complete with various practice targets. The ideal facilities to better your game!
The Cafe & Bar offers a hearty start to the day with lunchtime treats including international dishes. The beverage menu includes chai lattes, hot chocolate, cappuccinos, Earl Grey, green tea, chamomile and the likes. They also have a stunning selection of organic sparkling juices to quench your thirst.
Keen golfers are implored to discover this course – often described as ‘an oasis in golfing heaven.’ The enchanting surroundings are matched with a flawless and highly playable course, being favourable conditions for players scoring well. Windross Farm Golf Course continues to draw accolades from both visitors and the New Zealand golfing fraternity as a ‘one-of-a-kind’ and incredibly pleasant golfing experience.
Luxury Golf at its Finests
The course has well-positioned itself amidst the best golf clubs in the country, also being open to all categories of golfers. Their win of the Luxury Lifestyle Awards as being The Best Luxury Golf Club in Auckland, New Zealand then comes as no surprise, as they continue to wow golfers with a memorable experience on the course. They work hard to ensure players feel welcome (because they are) and to provide a warm and welcoming presence whether guests or members.
- Luxury Lifestyle Awards is one of the world’s most recognized and respected brands, providing assurance of the highest quality, and representing pioneering excellence and innovation. As media partners, Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine is proud to be chosen to share the stories of worldwide winners who have excelled in their categories. In its 12th year, the Luxury Lifestyle Awards continue to seek and reward brands for reaching the pinnacle of and providing a luxury brand experience to those who appreciate the finest things in life.
- ☆ Luxury Lifestyle Awards2022.07.08Folio.YVR Friends: With Bespokers Experience Greece at Its Finest
- FoF ☆ Design & Decor2022.05.24Folio.YVR Friends: Costa Rica’s SARCO Architects Design Dream Holiday Homes
- ☆ Luxury Lifestyle Awards2022.05.11Folio.YVR Friends: Verijet – Luxury Private Jet Services
- ☆ Luxury Lifestyle Awards2021.09.16Folio.YVR Friends: Hotel Katajanokka – Luxury in the Heart of Helsinki, Finland