The city’s first boutique hotel celebrates with a line-up of exciting programming, including pop-ups, art installations and experiential packages. OPUS Vancouver is a showcase for vibrant designs, sophisticated style, and intuitive service that bring contemporary innovation to life. Situated in the heart of Vancouver’s see-and-be-seen neighbourhood of Yaletown, it continues to define the boutique hotel experience.
OPUS is Much Awarded!
A Forbes four-star rated boutique hotel for six consecutive years, its recent accolades include the Condé Nast Johansens Award for Best Urban Hotel 2021, Trip Advisor’s Top Hotels Canada 2020, and Condé Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Awards Top 25 Hotels in Canada 2018.
Celebrating Two Decades and Many More To Come
Time flies when you are having stylish, sexy, boutique-hotel fun! 2022 marks 20-years since the hotel made its grand entrance in Vancouver as the city’s first luxury boutique hotel. Since first opening its doors to locals and visitors alike, the hotel has been the standard-bearer for exceptional service, luxury amenities, and boldly beautiful style. Over the two decades since, it has become the beating heart and pulse of Yaletown’s SOHO-like restaurant and boutique district. To celebrate the 20th anniversary, the hotel is launching a line-up of exciting programming, from pop-ups and art installations to experiential packages and more.
5 Muses for 5 OPUS Rooms
Creativity and culture are intrinsic at OPUS. Recently refreshed and inspired by five muses, the hotel’s guest rooms offer a colourful connection to its unique personality. Guests can choose from the modern and minimalist decor of Mike’s rooms, with splashes of Cherry Wine Red; or the daring and dramatic reimagined Hollywood-glam-and-Roosevelt-Taupe of Dede’s Signature Suites. Pierre’s vibrant and outgoing decor includes sunny Hermès Orange walls offset by earthy tones, while Billy’s room is an artful and eclectic Liverpool Green. Susan’s stylish, sensual, and sophisticated rooms feature California Lilac, a colour very similar to Pantone’s Colour of the Year 2022, Very Peri.As well as the artful guestrooms, the hotel walls are a colourful canvas, showcasing the provocative work of local Vancouver artists: from the nostalgic video game characters of Michael Miller’s The Nintendo Generation series to Tiko Kerr’s luminous cityscape paintings from his Lush Life series. Guests will discover emotive art adorning the hotel, such as the ironic broken water pistols of Mark Mizgala’s thought-provoking iconographic paintings, the street anthropology of Taizo Yamamoto’s series of urban shopping carts, and Alana Rothstein’s pulsating images of sensual colours and provocative intimate life scenes.
Mural, Mural on the Wall
To commemorate its 20th anniversary, the hotel has commissioned artist Alex J Fowkes to bring its signature #ItsLoveBaby wall back to life, with inspiration pulled from the years for a mural that will hold pride of place on the hotel’s exterior façade. Fowkes specializes in typography, murals and installations, and believes that experimentation and play are essential to the design process. The mural will be revealed in time for this year’s summer solstice, on Tuesday, June 21.
Paint the Town OPUS
In celebration of the two-decade milestone, guests are invited to enjoy a 20th Anniversary art package: Paint the Town OPUS, which is inclusive of luxurious overnight accommodation, and a custom painting class with Andrea Mueller, an award-winning BC-based contemporary artist, best known for her exceptional landscape and wildlife pieces. Enjoy a charcuterie board, sip some wine or a cocktail to help the creative energy flow, and enjoy a personalized class where you will paint a west coast landscape as a keepsake. The package includes overnight accommodation and a custom painting class with snacks and beverages.
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Marketing & Communications Inc and publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine and digital women's lifestyle magazine EcoLuxLifestyle.co. She is a prolific content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist within the ecoluxury lifestyle niche. Post-pandemic, she has worked with many small to mid-sized plant-based/vegan brands to build their digital foundations and strategize content creation and business development. Helen is the west coast correspondent to Canada’s top-read industry magazine Retail-Insider, holds a vast freelance portfolio, and consults with many of the world’s luxury heritage brands. Always seeking new opportunities and challenges, you can email her at [email protected].
- FoF ☆ VIP EventsSeptember 19, 2023Bootleggers Cocktails Brings 1st Drone Show to Vancouver [PHOTOS]
- FoF ☆ Charity & PhilanthropySeptember 17, 2023Vancouver Metropolitan Orchestra Celebrates 21st Season
- FoF ☆ PersonalitiesSeptember 4, 2023PORTFOLIO.YVR: Emobily Founder Will Fan Brings Bugatti EVs to the Ecoluxury Market
- FoF ☆ PersonalitiesSeptember 3, 2023PORTFOLIO.YVR: Aylex Thunder Building a Digital Empire One Viral Video at a Time