On a brisk April evening, less than 24-hours before the official launch of Salone del Mobile, legendary design icon Giorgio Armani presented his 2019 Armani/Casa collection in the spectacular Armani/Teatro. The Brutalist space, created by Japanese designer Tadao Ando in 2000, was beautifully transformed into an intense otherworldly environment.
As the event unfolded, Mr. Armani, dressed in signature all black, moved through the invited guests, warmly greeting friends and associates, pausing for photographs, and welcoming introductions.
Around the room finely crafted objects of wood, leather, marble, and metal, were displayed in separate sections, without clutter or overlap, reinforcing the strength of the design.
Overhead, light filtered through a series of remarkable aerial creations. In bright and vivid tones of red, forest green and petrol blue, the resulting luminescent was breathtaking.
Accompanied by perfectly chilled Champagne, the event was a soothing prelude for Salon del Mobile.Milano, which would begin the following morning by welcoming 370,000+ delegates from 188 countries.
Items displayed at the 2019 Salon del Mobile.Milano will be available this Fall/Winter at the new Armani/Casa located at 1656 West 2nd Avenue, Vancouver, BC.
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Communications, publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine, and multiple digital lifestyle blogs. She is a content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist in the luxury lifestyle niche. She is a regular content contributor to Retail-Insider and has a vast freelance portfolio including Boulevard English & Chinese editions, Indulge, and Montecristo Magazine. When not attending high-profile events in Vancouver's 'Luxury Zone’ or on assignment abroad, she is honing her plant-based cooking skills and caring for her rescues. email@example.com
- FoF ☆ Fashion & Lifestyle2021.06.16Christopher Bates: Germany’s Breuninger Welcomes Canadian Design Icon
- FoF ☆ Design & Decor2021.05.06Folio.YVR Friends / Maison Birks x Melissa Andre: An Engagement Collab Worth Checking Out
- ☆ Folio.YVR Friends2021.05.03Folio.YVR Friends / Making a Legend: The Legacy of Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Published
- ☆ Folio.YVR Friends2021.04.04Folio.YVR Friends: LVMH Launches the 2021 Objets Nomades in Hong Kong