On a brisk April evening, less than 24-hours before the official launch of Salone del Mobile, legendary design icon Giorgio Armani presented his 2019 Armani/Casa collection in the spectacular Armani/Teatro. The Brutalist space, created by Japanese designer Tadao Ando in 2000, was beautifully transformed into an intense otherworldly environment.
As the event unfolded, Mr. Armani, dressed in signature all black, moved through the invited guests, warmly greeting friends and associates, pausing for photographs, and welcoming introductions.
Around the room finely crafted objects of wood, leather, marble, and metal, were displayed in separate sections, without clutter or overlap, reinforcing the strength of the design.
Overhead, light filtered through a series of remarkable aerial creations. In bright and vivid tones of red, forest green and petrol blue, the resulting luminescent was breathtaking.
Accompanied by perfectly chilled Champagne, the event was a soothing prelude for Salon del Mobile.Milano, which would begin the following morning by welcoming 370,000+ delegates from 188 countries.
Items displayed at the 2019 Salon del Mobile.Milano will be available this Fall/Winter at the new Armani/Casa located at 1656 West 2nd Avenue, Vancouver, BC.
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Marketing & Communications Inc and publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine and digital women's lifestyle magazine EcoLuxLifestyle.co. She is a prolific content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist within the ecoluxury lifestyle niche. Post-pandemic, she has worked with many small to mid-sized plant-based/vegan brands to build their digital foundations and strategize content creation and business development. Helen is the west coast correspondent to Canada’s top-read industry magazine Retail-Insider, holds a vast freelance portfolio, and consults with many of the world’s luxury heritage brands. Always seeking new opportunities and challenges, you can email her at [email protected].
- FoF ☆ Travel & AdventureNovember 26, 2023Are You Ready to ‘Stay in Style’ with Fairmont Pacific Rim x Dior?
- FoF ☆ Charity & PhilanthropyNovember 23, 2023Young Elite Vancouver 7th Annual Gala Celebration [PHOTOS]
- FoF ☆ Health & WellnessNovember 15, 2023Fairmont Pacific Rim Launches ‘The Nordic Spa’ Wellness Retreat with Thermal Spa
- FoF ☆ Culinary, Wine, SpiritsNovember 15, 2023Taiwanese Artist Wu Ching Ru’s ‘Pro Terra et Natura’ at Phantom Creek Estates