Original and unique things always have a special status, and the Vista Palazzo Lago di Como is a striking example of a hotel that attracts attention with its noble character, unsurpassed location, and refined atmosphere of refinement. But this hotel also has the privilege of being the first and only five-star hotel in the ancient city of Como and stands out for its proximity to the most interesting places in the city.
The beautiful building was constructed in 1870 under the name of Palazzo Venezia. It used to be the headquarters of a silk company and an aristocratic retreat, and today it is the most exclusive property in Como. The property is operated by the Lario Hotels, a four-generation hotel group owned by the Passera family and currently consisting of four properties on Lake Como. The hotel was opened in 2018 after the building was overhauled.
The hotel is located on Piazza Cavour, a large pedestrianized square overlooking the magnificence of the mountains, at the foot of which there is a stunningly beautiful Lake Como. The apricot-coloured Venetian-style building with romantic balustrades and Juliet’s balconies boasts close proximity to the charming city’s center and sights.
Stay in Style
The hotel offers 18 palatial rooms and suites that present a new level of comfort and luxury accommodation. Each room is an epitome of Italian craftsmanship with Minotti mahogany woodwork, jewel-toned drapes from design house Dedar, handmade creamy marble sinks in the bathrooms, tailor-made velvet sofas and arm-chairs, and an air of exclusivity in every detail of the interior.
The rooms are also equipped with lighting products from iconic Italian manufacturers Castiglioni and Artemide, attractive fabrics on the walls, and wooden floors create a cozy and sophisticated atmosphere that makes you feel like you are at home.
Fine Dining & Michelin Rated
On the rooftop of Vista Palazzo Lago di Como, there is spectacular Ristorante Sottovoce, a place where you can enjoy fabulous meals and incomparable views in an unparalleled intimate ambience. Listed in the Michelin Guide 2021 it rated 9.5/10 and with reviewers adding ‘Comfortable restaurant; one of our most delightful place.’ The restaurant offers gluten-free, vegan, and vegetarian dishes.
Here, you will have the pleasure of tasting the restaurant’s menu or choosing from à-la-carte selections created by the talented chef Stefano Mattara. His culinary style is characterized by an artistic combination of the finest ingredients from Italy and the intersection of traditional and experimental approaches, resulting in gourmet cuisine with an international touch.
You can also visit the rooftop Infinity Bar, which offers 300-degree breathtaking water views and a delightful journey through the menu of cocktails, wines, spirits, and brews. An integral part of the Infinity Bar experience is to take care of the environment and use only bamboo or metal straws instead of plastic ones.
Every guest of Vista Palazzo Lago di Como has the opportunity to indulge in a great variety of experiences and customize their stay at the hotel. Among numerous opportunities to diversify the rest and make it unforgettable, our experts highlighted the possibility to see the Lake Como from the board of Riva motorboat or a seaplane, going shopping with a personal shopper, or use the services of a Personal Concierge.
This year, the merits of Vista Palazzo Lago di Como have been duly appreciated, and the hotel has become the winner of Luxury Lifestyle Awards in the category of The Best Luxury Hotels in the Lake Como Area, Italy.
- Luxury Lifestyle Awards is one of the world’s most recognized and respected brands, providing assurance of the highest quality, and representing pioneering excellence and innovation. As media partners, Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine is proud to be chosen to share the stories of worldwide winners who have excelled in their categories. In its 12th year, the Luxury Lifestyle Awards continue to seek and reward brands for reaching the pinnacle of and providing a luxury brand experience to those who appreciate the finest things in life.
- ☆ Luxury Lifestyle AwardsJuly 8, 2022Folio.YVR Friends: With Bespokers Experience Greece at Its Finest
- FoF ☆ Design & DecorMay 24, 2022Folio.YVR Friends: Costa Rica’s SARCO Architects Design Dream Holiday Homes
- ☆ Luxury Lifestyle AwardsMay 11, 2022Folio.YVR Friends: Verijet – Luxury Private Jet Services
- ☆ Luxury Lifestyle AwardsSeptember 16, 2021Folio.YVR Friends: Hotel Katajanokka – Luxury in the Heart of Helsinki, Finland