In the heart of Yaletown is Nightshade – Vancouver’s premiere vegan restaurant – which is now open for lunch on select weekdays and for brunch on weekends. The daytime service includes a number of large and small plates and desserts, all inspired by diverse culinary techniques and global flavours.
These adventuresome new menu items have been conceived by acclaimed Chef Chanthy Yen, who has returned from Ottawa to run the kitchen full-time. As you may recall, Yen helped launch the restaurant in January 2022 before serving as Executive Chef for Prime Minister Justin Trudeau for a year. “It is with great honour to represent BIPOC and immigrant communities while also serving Canada. It is a very rare role to fulfil and I am so happy to have diversified the culinary experiences at 24 Sussex. But I am ready to return to Vancouver and to Nightshade to continue our exciting growth,” says Yen.
This Brunch is Not Basic!
Like the dinner offerings, Nightshade’s lunch and brunch menus are seasonally-inspired. For the traditional brunch lovers, the spring lunch menu features Blue Corn Waffle & Karaage (crispy oyster mushrooms, lemon miso butter, maple rayu sauce), D.L.T.C. Sandwich (Delicata squash bacon, lettuce, tomato, cheese with potatoes and salad), Wild Mushroom Hash (potatoes, almond ricotta, Thai basil, Hollandaise sauce), Crepes & Berries (Almond and browned butter crepes with vanilla cremeaux and berries).
For others, there are Asian and Middle Eastern dishes like Tofu Katsu with smoked lemongrass tofu made exclusively for Nightshade by oomè; Cambodian Style Papaya and Radish Salad; and Shakshuka with Crispy Polenta and Hearty Spices.
“The Cambodian Pumpkin Soup and Mee Kola Noodle Bowl are both hearty and delicious dishes inspired by the Khmer food my grandmother taught me to make. It’s thrilling for me to be able to share the delicious flavours and textures of Cambodian food with Vancouverites,” shares Yen. “Plant-based food has been around for centuries. We have a responsibility to showcase how endless possibilities are and to integrate its importance in Vancouver’s food scene.”
Nightshade recently received a Michelin Bib Gourmand award which recognizes establishments that feature high-quality food at moderate prices. It is telling that Nightshade was the only vegan restaurant in Vancouver to earn the accolade!
runch is served Saturdays and Sundays, 10:30 am to 2:30 pm.Located at 1079 Mainland Street in Yaletown, Nightshade b
Stay Up-to-Date with Nightshade
- Helen Siwak is the founder of EcoLuxLuv Marketing & Communications Inc and publisher of Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine and digital women's lifestyle magazine EcoLuxLifestyle.co. She is a prolific content creator, consultant, and marketing and media strategist within the ecoluxury lifestyle niche. Post-pandemic, she has worked with many small to mid-sized plant-based/vegan brands to build their digital foundations and strategize content creation and business development. Helen is the west coast correspondent to Canada’s top-read industry magazine Retail-Insider, holds a vast freelance portfolio, and consults with many of the world’s luxury heritage brands. Always seeking new opportunities and challenges, you can email her at [email protected].
- FoF ☆ Design & DecorNovember 29, 2023Fairmont Pacific Rim Launches Wedding & Gala Design Studio
- FoF ☆ Travel & AdventureNovember 26, 2023Are You Ready to ‘Stay in Style’ with Fairmont Pacific Rim x Dior?
- FoF ☆ Charity & PhilanthropyNovember 23, 2023Young Elite Vancouver 7th Annual Gala Celebration [PHOTOS]
- FoF ☆ Health & WellnessNovember 15, 2023Fairmont Pacific Rim Launches ‘The Nordic Spa’ Wellness Retreat with Thermal Spa